Magical Vacation

Friday, August 5, 2011

Recap from San Diego Comic Con 2011


Way too many things to cover within my 4 days at Comic Con this year so I’ll do a bulleted list of the highlights:

· Jon Favreau and Fasion Love walked in front of me on their way to Osterra on Friday night.

· Saw David Arquette , dressed in a white suit with a hot pink unbuttoned shirt standing in front of the Hard Rock Café smoking a cigarette.

· Breckin Meyer walked past us in line (for the 30 Min or Less screening) on his way to Quality Social.

· Ended up with 4 Cowboys and Aliens shirts after going on a mad hunt for Golden Bricks all around the Gaslamp for tickets to the World Premiere of Cowboys and Aliens at the Civic Theater.

· Got all the exclusives I had planned on buying, which includes a 4 hr wait in the Hasbro line.

· Viewed trailer for new Spiderman movie with Andrew Garfield (this year’s SDCC British crush).

· Edgar Wright was at the Attack the Block panel but still didn’t get a chance to get a picture with him.

· And the MEGA-HIGHLIGHT for me was that I finally got to meet Jason Marsden!!! For those that don’t know, he’s played Rich (Dana’s boyfriend) in Step By Step, Nelson (DJ’s rich boyfriend) in Full House, Eddie in the Munsters, and voiced Max Goof in the Goofy movies. I’ve been a fan for many, many years so this was a long time coming, especially after the laryngitis no-show at SDCC 2008.



Of course there was the usual exhibition hall shenanigans with con-ers dressed in cosplay. I was pretty good at keeping my shopping to the items i REALLY wanted this year. We'll see if I can show as much restraint during D23 =p

Only bad thing is, I didn’t score tickets to next year’s con. The lines were INSANE! I’ll just have to duke it out online with everyone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment