Magical Vacation

Monday, August 8, 2011

Operacaffe Mobile (Tuscan Cuisine) August 5, 2011

Ris and I are fortunate enough, that our work place is close to areas where different food trucks like to come around during lunch time. So on this particular Friday afternoon when we noticed that Operacaffe Mobile was going to be in the area, we decided to ditch our pre-packed lunches from home and try this new tuscan cuisine sensation on wheels!

We checked out their website ahead of time to kind of see what we wanted ahead of time at http://operacaffemobile.com/ and also checked out their twitter and facebook accounts for more information regarding their current schedule, which is how we found out about them being in our work area.

http://twitter.com/#!/operacaffemobil

http://www.facebook.com/operacaffemobile

Operacaffe mobile is the food truck for the popular Operacaffe restaurant located in the Gaslamp of downtown San Diego. Though we’ve never visited the restaurant before, the food truck seems like a good marketing tactic to bring in more customers to their actual restaurant.

Upon arrival, we noticed the food truck wasn’t as crowded as their other food truck competitors in the area. This is understandable considering they only started the food truck a few weeks before and have yet to build regular clienteles.

They had daily lunch specials aside from their regular menu found online.


I decided to go with the Meatball hot plate which was basically 5 meatballs in fresh tomato sauce and garlic bread.

To be completely honest, when I saw this I didn’t think this would fill me up. It was $8 for the meal and it came in a convenient to-go sealed plastic container (good to keep the sauce from spilling). The garlic bread was located in this compartment by the pick-up window for you to “help yourself” if your meal came with it. So although we were excited to eat at this place, after getting what I ordered, I didn’t really expect anything spectacular.

When we finally got back to work and started eating, I took my first bite, and I was actually VERY pleased with my meal. The garlic bread was a little tough but dipped in the meatball sauce, it was perfect! The tomato sauce was freshly made and the meatballs were quite tasty. This meal had me craving meatballs for dinner as well! I was actually full by the 3rd meatball but it tasted so good that I didn’t want to waste the last 2. So yes, 5 meatballs is more than enough to fill me up. I am definitely going to be one of their “regular clienteles” whenever they are in the area. I like the fact that we can have “restaurant-type” food without the restaurant experience, especially if you are pressed for time (ie lunch breaks).


No comments:

Post a Comment