Magical Vacation

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Lemon Cake with Speculoos (Biscoff) Frosting

As of late (due to my addiction to Pinterest), I’ve been finding recipes and having the immediate urge to try them. This was the one that caught my fancy on this particular day.


I L-O-V-E lemon and anything that has lemon in it, so I do enjoy experimenting with different lemon recipes. When I saw that this recipe paired up lemon cake with speculoos…actually I had to look up what speculoos were before I was intrigued by it, haha.

Speculoos wiki - Oh! They’re Biscoff cookie spread basically! I love Biscoff cookies and I’m a noob Biscoff spread fan too. So NOW I knew I had to try it.

The recipe is simple enough. I did however use All-Purpose flour instead of the whole-wheat pastry flour that was included in the recipe. Besides the switch of the flour, I pretty much stayed true to all the other ingredients. I added a bit more than 2Tbsp of lemon juice because I squeezed the whole lemon and I’ll be honest, I like when lemon cake actually tastes tart like lemon. The cake had a good consistency of moistness but still holding it shape.

The frosting recipe was also pretty simple. I used Biscoff spread that I bought from World Market since Trader Joe’s was out of their version of cookie butter. I only made half of what the recipe called for since I was using it to frost cupcakes rather than the 3-layer cake that it was originally made for. This is a good frosting to top on any kind of cake. I think Biscoff spread is like Nutella in that it complements everything it’s paired with.

Since I didn’t really plan on posting this as a blog, all the pictures were taken with my iphone. Enjoy!


-Ris




No comments:

Post a Comment