Magical Vacation

Friday, May 13, 2011

Spirits of St Germain's Liquor

This particular liquor store has been a favorite of ours since our college days, and not for the reason that most people would think. =P “St Germain’s” or “St G’s,” as we like to call it, is perfectly located near the UCSD campus and other businesses but it isn’t something easy to find if you aren’t from or familiar with the general area. Our long love affair with this particular liquor store isn’t because of their “Spirits” or Liquor, but because of their delicious, juicy, and very affordable deli sandwiches. I have never really tried a sandwich there that I didn’t like, granted I only ever ordered 3 types here (pastrami, tuna salad, and most recently California club); but that’s beside the point! The point is, it’s DAMN good!

Ris and I are fortunate enough that we not only got to go to this place often during our college years, but it is also within walking distance from where we happen to work! So this place is always within reach if we are craving a really yummy, fresh and tasty deli sandwich. Such a case happened yesterday when we were deciding where to go. The food Gods pointed us in St G’s direction as well as bestowed upon me some adventurous courage to actually try something new *gasp* (I know!).

Like I stated above, my usual go-to sandwiches here are the pastrami (highly recommended) and the tuna salad, which can be customized to your liking (bread, spread, veggies, and add on meats), but on this particular day I decided to try one of their signature sandwiches which is pretty much set unless you make special requests (ie, no cheese, mayo etc). Each sandwich comes with a side of your choice from their clear glass refrigerated display (these vary), as well as a spear of pickle! Both Ris and I opted for the California Club with no cheese (*tip* lactose intolerance and work do not mix well together).

I opted for my usual potato salad side (I’m not a big potato salad person, but this is one of the few, if not the only, place that I will opt for potato salad)

California club (turkey, bacon, lettuce, avocado, tomato, mayo on toasted sourdough)

Ris had the same sandwich but opted for a different side-broccoli salad

California club - $6.49 plus tax

Our sandwiches and sides were delicious and St. G’s never fails to satisfy our “fresh deli sandwich” cravings. If you are ever in the area, this place is highly recommended!

Spirits of St. Germain Liquors
3251 Holiday Court, #101
La Jolla, CA 92037
(858) 455-1414



No comments:

Post a Comment